UNIQUE VACATIONS, INC. (WORLDWIDE REPRESENTATIVE FOR SANDALS & BEACHES RESORTS), MIAMI, FL
SENIOR DIRECTOR, E-MARKETING & NEW MEDIA — FEBRUARY 2003 – SEPTEMBER 2009
Strategic Development and implementation of Website and eMarketing Strategies and Tactics geared to optimizing the Web experience and driving additional qualified Web Traffic through a myriad of Electronic Channels to Sandals.com, Beaches.com, RoyalPlantation.com, GrandPineapple.com.
- Created the Vacation Planning Cycle Model for Sandals/Beaches Resorts to align each strategy, tactic and message with the appropriate consumer mindset during the Vacation Planning process.
- Maintained Sandals and Beaches as Luxury brands by appropriate targeting. messaging and graphic representation on websites.
- Analyzed and recommended new web site development and enhancements of Sandals.com, Beaches.com, Royal Plantation.com and GrandPineapple.com, including improved navigation, increased data capture and online booking engine (e-commerce) conversion.
- Recommended and implemented contact strategy for emails, supporting over-arching CRM (Customer Relationship Management) objectives – includes: lead-generation, hand-raisers, post-purchase up-sell, post-stay feedback.
- Developed and oversaw Search Engine Marketing strategy, including keyword buys and Search Engine Optimization.
- Developed and implemented online display (banner) campaigns utilizing targeting strategies – behavioral, contextual.
- Concepted and executed series of International “mini-sites” in 5 languages, with Content Management System.
- Supported Group and Travel Trade Sales and Marketing Tactics by recommending and implementing Solutions for Travel Agents.
- Developed, managed and optimized Affiliate Marketing program through Commission Junction.
- Utilized variety of online surveillance tools to monitor of Opinion Web sites and trademark violations.
- Oversaw development of guest and market research, including guest post-stay feedback and travel trade media behaviors.
- Liaised with online distribution partners to maximize Sandals/Beaches exposure on their Web sites, including Tour Operators, OTAs and Visitor’s Bureaus.
- Actively sought new Online Partnerships (e.g. Yahoo!, Discovery Channel, AOL, The Knot, Brides.com, etc.) that would expand Awareness of Sandals/Beaches luxury brands in appropriate Niche Venues, including co-registration.
- Loyalty Program – Led strategic direction for program benefits development, regular member communications, operational implementation and new member acquisition.
- Managed team of 13 FTE’s, including eMarketing, New Media, Loyalty Programs and IT project development
- Supervised budget $5,500,000+
- Keyword buy click-through rate up 300%, with reduced cost-of-sale
- Site traffic increased by 125% YOY
- Online bookings up 500% over 5 years
- Sandals/Beaches share of page up 200% on all Tour Operator Web sites.
- Affiliate Marketing online sales up 50% year-over-year.