E-MARKETING CONSULTANT, Orlando, FL – April 2013 – Present
Role: B-to-B and B-to-C Online Marketing Strategy and Project Consultation, while remaining current with latest technology trends.
- Website updates/revisions in WordPress and HTML • Content writing & distribution
- Email creation, testing & deployment • Project Management
- Google Analytics tagging & reporting • Social Media strategy, writing, insights/analytics
- CELEBRATION FOUNDATION: Redesigned and built new website. Manage updates, PPC, SEO, emails, database updates.
- CELEBRATION LIFELONG: Program of Celebration Foundation. Created Online Course Registration in WordPress.
- DISNEY INSTITUTE: Contract Authorized Independent Program Facilitator, “Disney’s Approach to Leadership Excellence.”
- XEROGRAPHIC DIGITAL PRINTING (XeroCopy.com): Rewrote SEO-friendly website copy, wrote blog posts, revised navigation, created Email and deployed, recommended marketing strategy and budget.
- MenInStyleOrlando.com: Created WordPress site with eCommerce, wrote text, managed variety of plug-ins, including Google Analytics, Contact Forms. Enhanced and cropped images with PhotoShop. Wrote and administrated all Social Media pages.
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX: Regional Marketing Manager for Regional Marketing promotional support of 17 Campuses.
- KVAVEvents.com: Wrote and deployed content for WordPress site, created social media, wrote blog posts, Google Analytics.
PARAMOUNT HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT, LLC, Orlando, FL – October 2010 – April 2013
Role: Director, Marketing & eCommerce – Managed Digital and Traditional Marketing for Floridays Resort Orlando, The Point Orlando Resort and Avanti Resort Orlando.
- Search Engine Marketing: Optimized on-page text to increase natural search results. Leveraged Press Releases for SEO.
- Email Marketing: Created custom HTML emails using DreamWeaver. Managed databases for Current/Past Guests,
and Hand-raisers. Tagged emails with UTM/Campaign codes. Created and optimized images using PhotoShop.
- Digital Ad Campaigns: Developed and managed Google AdWords, Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting ad campaigns, tracking Click-through-Rate (CTR), Cost-Per-Click (CPC) and Return on Ad Spend (ROAS). Tracked via Google Analytics.
- Website Enhancement/Management: Improved site usability by managing redesign of Floridays and The Point Orlando websites
- Website Creation: Directed technology partner on Avanti Resort website creation, created navigation and wrote content
- Social Media: Created and managed Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TripAdvisor and LinkedIn accounts for 3 resorts and Management Company
- Cross-Functional Team Collaboration: Trained and leveraged staffs in Call Center, Front Desk, Accounting, Owner Services to help implement select Marketing and Social Media programs
E-MARKETING CONSULTANT, Miami, FL – September 2009 – October 2010
Role: B-to-B and B-to-C Online marketing strategy and project consultation for small businesses, while remaining current with latest technology trends and using hands-on skills. Used DreamWeaver for HTML, PhotoShop.
- Cap Sante Marine: Updated website, optimized content for improved SEO.
- Luxury Tours For Less: Added text and images of new tours to website.
- Restored Digital Solutions (RDS): Created new website, including copywriting and SEO optimization.
- The Foodie Guru: Updated content and format of website, created HTML emails.
UNIQUE VACATIONS, INC. (Worldwide Representative for Sandals & Beaches Resorts, Miami, FL – February 2003 – September 2009
Role: Senior Director, eMarketing & New Media – Led Online Marketing Strategy and Implementation
- Developed Website Consumer Scenarios: Improved navigation and page flow for Sandals.com, Beaches.com, RoyalPlantation.com, GrandPineapple.com, based on how consumers used sites. Changes implemented by internal team
- Multi-lingual Mini-Websites: Improved international marketing sales with scaled-back versions of Sandals.com, Beaches.com, RoyalPlantation.com and GrandPineapple.com, translated into 5 languages, using back-end database. Established process to maintain sites by training international Sales Offices with access to Content Management tools.
- Resort Selector: Led project to create a tool to help first-time guests decide which Sandals or Beaches resort was right for them
- Optimized Travel Agent Trade Website: Increased Travel Agent engagement with new Sales tools and Online Marketing tips
- Travel Agent Online Training presentations for national road shows: Wrote and presented in classroom settings
- Desktop application: Created and distributed to travel agents and Sandals Signature Guests, pushing specials, relevant news
- Affiliate Program: Created Affiliate Program, where 3rd party websites drive traffic and are compensated for online sales. Exceeded initial revenue projections.
- Search Engine Marketing Strategy: Increased revenue with keyword buys based on Analytics of brand terms and long-tail terms. Keyword buy click-through rate up 300%.
- Search Engine Optimization: Directed outside agency to increase Search Engine rankings by improving on-page content and link strategies
- Email Marketing Campaign Strategy Creation: Created messaging and contact strategies for all brands. Improved email deliverability by enhancing CAN-SPAM compliance and reputation management
- Online Display (banner) campaigns: Managed retargeting, behavioral and contextual banner placement creation.
- Team Leadership and Management: Led team direct-reports and interfaced with IT for Booking Engine programming.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Built positive relationships with Call Center, Wholesale Sales, Accounting, Promotions and PR departments
WALT DISNEY COMPANY EXPERIENCE
WALT DISNEY PARKS & RESORTS ONLINE (WDPRO), Anaheim, California – January 2001 – January 2003
Role: Director, Internet Sales & Marketing – Led Online Marketing for all Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Adapted offline marketing campaigns to online environment. Ensured all Marketing messages properly communicated through Online channels
- Website and Online Booking Site Optimization: Improved online user experience by studying, analyzing web pages and booking engine processes. Led Expert Review and Focus Group project with Human Factors, Inc.
- Team Management: Led Online Bi-coastal Marketing team of 5 focused on driving qualified traffic to all Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Web sites (Disneyworld.com, Disneyland.com, Disneycruise.com), with SEO, Content Strategies and Email Marketing. Managed team by flexing interactions appropriate for each team member
DISNEYLAND RESORT SALES & MARKETING, Anaheim, California –January 2000 – January 2001
Role: Manager, Internet Sales & Marketing Disneyland Resort – Led and implemented Online Sales & Marketing Strategy for Disneyland Resort
- Launched Disneyland.com Website “2.0”: Created improved navigation and content, while including addition of new theme park content: Disney’s California Adventure, Downtown Disney and Disney’s Grand Californian Resort. Revised site to reflect full “Resort/Destination” nature of Disneyland Resort.
- Content Management Processes: Improved efficiencies and accuracy by establishing better communication and training of Internet Sales & Marketing Staff, including enhanced internal, cross-functional team collaboration
- E-Commerce Development: Created new revenue streams by leading creation of Walt Disney Travel Co. Online Booking Engine and Online Ticket Sales engine with internal IT and external technology companies
- Team Management: Led management, training and mentoring of Disneyland Team of 6, whose focus was to develop, maintain and market Disneyland.com Web site
WALT DISNEY WORLD CO./WALT DISNEY ATTRACTIONS, Lake Buena Vista, Florida – October 1986 – December 1999
1995 – 1999: Manager, Interactive/Operation Support Department: Led Creation and Implementation of Internet Marketing
1994 – 1995: Division Marketing Representative in Resort Marketing: Created and implemented Seasonal marketing programs.
1993 – 1994: Senior Marketing Representative in Travel Industry Marketing: Drove incremental sales from Travel Agents.
1991 – 1993: Marketing Representative in Resort Marketing: Promoted Disney Vacation Club to Onsite Guests.
1986 – 1991: Marketing Representative in Advertising Department: Managed Seasonal, Event and Recruitment Advertising
- Developed first WDW Web site (Disneyworld.com): Registered Disneyworld.com domain. Created development and maintenance processes, including cross-departmental collaboration supporting Resort’s various Marketing/Event initiatives
- Team Leadership: Hired, managed and trained team members
- Cross-Functional Team Collaboration: Continued to build partnerships with other Divisions throughout Company
- Resort-wide Online Advocate: Created and delivered presentations to various executive and department meetings to explain the new technology and how it would be utilized by Walt Disney World Resort
- Gap Marketing Programs: Increased on-peak resort occupancy by developing first Seasonal Marketing “Fall Fantasy” for WDW Resorts, focused on special discounts for adult-only vacationers
- Created “College of Disney Knowledge”: Created first-ever Disney Travel Agent Specialist training program with education and quizzes to build Walt Disney Attractions (Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Euro Disney) knowledge.
PRIOR ADVERTISING AGENCY EXPERIENCE
Worked with various Advertising Agencies in Miami, Florida, on Retail, Travel/Tourism accounts. Roles included: Account Coordinator, Account Executive, Account Supervisor and Print Production Manager. Account Supervisor role included oversight of Account Executives.
- MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY, East Lansing, Michigan
- BA in Advertising, College of Communications Arts, (with emphasis on Marketing)
- Graduated with Honors.
- President of Beaumont Advertising, Student Ad Agency.
- “Certified Digital Marketer” (CDM) by the eMarketing Association
- Graduated with Special Recognition, Dale Carnegie Course in Effective Speaking & Human Relations
- Former Board Director, Communications, SFIMA – South Florida Interactive Marketing Association
- Former Board Director, Communications, HSMAI, South Florida – Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International